Ok, I am trying a mental mind-shift. I woke up feeling…ok. But just. Then the hypervigilant thoughts started creeping in, looking for something to feel bad/anxious about. Well, fuck that noise. There is good in my world and it is right there, in front of me. I just need to remind myself of it.
So, without further ado, in completely random order…I am grateful for:
- my happy kids
- this sunny day
- really great, awesome girlfriends who are always watching my back
- G, who is riding this storm right beside me
- meds– yeah, they’re not doing exactly what I want, not yet, but they are doing something right
- living so close to a beach, where we are off to this afternoon
- my home, especially my bedroom, which is my sanctuary
- summer holidays
- my job and all the flexibility that comes with it
- the delicious Thai chicken in the slow cooker that will be tonight’s dinner
- having a regular psychiatrist and an awesome therapist
I am looking forward to this afternoon at the beach. Just me, one of my favorite girlfriends, and our kids. Lazy and easy.